Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WIP Wednesday

No pictures today unfortunately. I'm knitting with black yarn and I had a hard time getting a clear picture of my project. Basically, the picture looked like a big black blob. Anyhow, I'm STILL working on Halloween longies for my daughter. I guess I've sort of lost motivation for these, so I've been knitting really slow.

The kids have both been waking up at night, so I'm a bleary eyed mess this week. My son (3.5) has been waking up every night at 3am for 4-5 months. We have no idea why. My daughter is teething.

We're due to leave for Rhode Island/ Boston area tomorrow. I'm driving up by myself, visiting my mother, and then picking my husband up at Logan and we're spending a few days in the area we used to live in.

Somehow, it is easier on the road. Even traveling with them by myself, I find a lot of peace in being mobile. And, without all of the housework to worry about, it seems there is more time to enjoy life.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip! You're a brave mama to drive them that far on your own. :) I love the RI/Boston area. I'm sure it's beautiful right now! About your son's wakings, my youngest had that problem for several months and my naturopath told me that 3 am is the start of day for the liver. We took some B vitamins for a while (and now add nutritional yeast to his food 2-3x per week), and we haven't had that problem in a long time. Here's a brief summary if you're interested: http://altmedangel.com/waking.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, thanks so much for that link. I'm desperate to have him sleep! I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it was a great trip for you... I can't get over the weather here lately. I am with you... my kids have always loved being in the car. I drive with them all over and its nice to just listen to NPR while they chill in the back :) It has always been a nice keep my sanity treat.

    ReplyDelete